Sunday, January 13, 2013

~*How to get your book published*~

 13/1/2013 - Sunday.
Time : 6:17p.m, Moth.
~Carrot in a Coffee cup.
~I had carrot juice in my coffee cup to drink today. Just look at that stupid carrots face, all smug looking. Makes me feel like punching it... My mum says if I don`t want to wear spectacles, I have to drink carrots. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with this post. It`s just an event that happened that was inevitable. Today I`m gonna talk about getting a story published. I played Assassin`s Creed till late last night and needed a break, so I decided to research on book publishing.

~There are many ways to get your story published. Some do self publishing while others find publishers. I Googled `how many ways to publish a book` and tons of sites popped up. Here are a few I liked :

~When getting a book published, you`re about to let the whole world read your story. It`s a really big event in one`s life, no? If your story gets rejected by publishers, don`t feel glum. You could always self publish. Here`s a link that directs you to other links to sell your story/poems/etc online :
 
 ~Lulu and Blurb look like interesting sites. Maybe i`ll join Lulu when I don`t feel like a pile of fat walruses waiting for Armageddon. Tomorrow`s the first day of college, and it seems that the majority of people I never want to cross paths with again after graduating from school are there. My mum just signed me up for another 6 months in hell`s pit. Argh!

~The issue with these people is not that they`re bad or bullied me or anything. It`s just that they`re indifferent. They were the students in my school who, when we had conversations, all we were able to say were `hi` and `bye`. We share nothing in common, and can proceed no further in our friendship. That`s the problem. It`s like a lost cause sort of dilemma. You know them, you don`t hate them. But you can`t (and don`t want to) be friends either. They`re just there, existing. Filling up spaces where new people could have filled up. New people who I could actually have a chance of becoming friends with. It`s so frustrating, and I don`t think anyone really gets it >_<

~My gosh... why is it so hard to stick to the main topic?.... So, if you`re into freelancing, here`s a site that may be of help :

~Wow, I actually feel lazy posting up all this links instead of explaining them myself. Fifteen hours left till my first day in college ._. Toodles, Wish me luck... I can actually feel all the carnivorous butterflies eating at my intestines...

~"The opposite of love is not hate, it`s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it`s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it`s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it`s indifference. -Elie Wiesel.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I'll have to give that freelance writing site a look. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

    ...Said everyone just before enacting a horrible disaster.

    Well, whatever. In any case, good luck with college. I believe the phrase is "give it the old college German Suplex" -- so as long as you adhere to that rule, I'm guessing you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~You should give freelance writing a try! Your English is so awesome! *.* Thanks for the best wishes, same to you on exploring the world of freelancing!! ^^

      Delete

~Everyone loves comments, and so do I! Critiques are much appreciated too! I`ll drop by your blog to reply~ ^^